Rugged and durable leather uppers combined with the Extreme Slip Resistance rubber outsole makes the Men's Caterpillar Generator 8in Waterproof Tough Steel Toe Work Boots prepared to take on any job site. The Generator is packed with safety and comfort features like CAT Ergo Technology that lends anatomical design features to make working on your feet feel comfortable and supported all day. You're also protected with the CAT Electrical Hazard construction that protects the wearer against open circuits up to 600 volts in dry conditions. The Flexion Engineered Construction assists in fighting foot fatigue by propelling steps forward and providing ample support. Created for heavy industrial uses, the Caterpillar Men's Generator 8in Waterproof Tough Steel Toe Work Boots make your work day more than just tolerable.
Carry in, carry out. Before you hit the trail, repackage food into reusable containers. When empty, the containers can hold waste until you can dispose of it properly. Pack everything that you carry into the backcountry back out with you.
- In bear country, protect wildlife, your food supply and yourself by storing rations securely. Seek advice from park rangers on proper food storage.
- Some parks install bear-resistant containers or poles (for hanging “bear-bagged” food) in backcountry sites. Pick up and clean up spilled foods.
- Use a backpacking stove to prepare meals. It takes less time and has less impact on the environment than building a campfire. In addition, many areas prohibit the use of campfires except in designated areas.
Where fires are permitted, use established fire rings or fire pans. Do not scorch large rocks or overhangs.
- Keep your fire small. Gather sticks no larger than an adult wrist. Leave branches on trees, even if they are downed or dead.
- Put out campfires completely. In the morning, remove all unburned trash from the fire ring and scatter the cold ashes over a large area well away from camp.
Visit the backcountry in small groups and try to avoid popular areas during peak-use periods.
- Stay on designated trails and walk in single file in the center of the path to avoid trampling trailside plants.
- Many grasses and sub-alpine plants are extremely sensitive to foot traffic. If you must venture beyond the trail, choose the most durable surfaces to walk on (rock, gravel or snow).
Choose an established, legal site. If you are wilderness camping, pick a previously used campsite when available to decrease impact on terrain.
- Good campsites are found, not made. Don’t alter a site for your own purposes by clearing vegetation, building structures or digging trenches.
Set up camp in areas where vegetation is compacted or absent. Camp at least 200 feet (about 70 adult steps) from lakes and streams to help keep pollutants out of water sources.
- For bathing or dishwashing, haul water 200 feet from streams or lakes and use small amounts of biodegradable soap. A small bowl of water and one baby wipe provide a thorough bath. Strain your dishwater and scatter it or bury it in a hole so it won’t attract insects. Use gravel or sand to clean pots and pans.
- Deposit human waste in a hole, six-to-eight inches deep, at least 200 feet from water, trails and your campsite. Use toilet paper sparingly. Pack it out in fragile areas or where required.
- Check your campsite to make sure you have removed all refuse and other evidence of your stay. Make sure you scan the tent area for small items that could inadvertently be left behind.
Keeping the “wild” in wilderness
Leave plants, rocks and historical artifacts for others to enjoy.
- Domestic animals and wild country often don’t mix. Most state and national parks prohibit dogs or require them to be on leashes. If you must take your dog with you, make sure it is under control at all times. Do not allow it to chase other animals or become a problem for other hikers or campers.
Enjoy your adventure in the backcountry. Take only pictures. Leave only footprints.
Ideal for public safety professionals, the Timberland Pro Men's Valor McClellan 6 Inch Side-Zip Waterproof Work Boots keep you in lightweight protective comfort no matter what the day may bring. Featuring anti-fatigue technology that provides maximum energy return by absorbing shock and reducing footfall pressure, these ultra durable side zip boots keep feet comfortable no matter how many steps you log in a day. With reliable, slip-resistant traction and the Weathergear Protection System to ward off the elements, the Timberland Pro Valor McClellan 6 Inch Side-Zip Waterproof Work Boots for men are on the job.
Whenever you go outside she's 2 steps behind you, whether you're mucking out the goat barn or walking down to check the mailbox on a rainy day. She may be smaller, but she's up to her ankles in mud puddles just as often as you are, maybe more often. Keep her feet warm and dry in the 100% waterproof Bogs Girls' Classic Hi Tuscany Rain Boots. More than just rubber boots, these are insulated with 7mm Neo-Tech insulation to keep her feet cozy down to -30F and they have a 4-way stretch inner bootie that feels so much better than any hard rubber you'll find on cheaper winter boots. A non-marking, self-cleaning outsole gives her traction on rain-slicked surfaces and an Aegis anti-microbial insole keeps the inside fresh. Easy pull-on handles are kid-approved and so is the flourish of girly style on the shell. From a slushy schoolyard to her own muddy backyard, the Bogs Classic Hi Tuscany Rain Boots for girls will be her go-to footwear this winter.
Rugged and durable leather uppers combined with the Extreme Slip Resistance rubber outsole makes the Men's Caterpillar Generator 6in Soft Toe Work Boots prepared to take on any job site. The Generator is packed with safety and comfort features like CAT Ergo Technology that lends anatomical design features to make working on your feet feel comfortable and supported all day. The Flexion Engineered Construction assists in fighting foot fatigue by propelling steps forward and providing ample support. Make your work day more than just tolerable with the Caterpillar Men's Generator 6in Soft Toe Work Boots.